Sunday, August 23, 2009

Organized - ME???

Tomorrow is back to school!! EKKKKK!!! My relaxing one drop off/pickup, no homework and no packed lunches days aer OVER!! This school year I have once again a 2 kid/2 school pick up, packed lunches, homework (and man Corey gets alot), soccer and piano. Thanfully Ally's dance class is during school hours. I've decided this year I'm going to try and make a bunch of dinners ahead that can just be thrown in the oven, keeping in under an hour so I can work on homework before dinner.

This is my first shot at making dinners ahead, I even made some of them in throw away pans :) They are nothing special but simple dinners my picky kids will eat.

Pasta Bake

1 box of whatever pasta
1 pound lean ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Cook pasta as instructed 8-10 min or al dente. Drain well.
Meanwhile, cook ground beef and chopped onions in a skillet over medium heat until browned.
In a large bowl, mix together spaghetti sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese, pasta, and browned ground beef and onion mixture. Transfer to a greased, 9x13 inch casserole dish.
Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 20 minutes, or until very hot.

Homestyle Chicken & Mushroom Casserole

1 pkg. McCormick® Seasoning Mix
1 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice 1 can
(4 oz.) sliced mushrooms, drained (I didn't use this because the kids wont eat them)
½ cup frozen peas 2 tbsp.
butter, cut into pieces (optional)
1½ lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1½ cups milk
1 cup water
Place rice, mushrooms, peas and butter (if desired) in 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
Top with chicken. MIX milk, water and Seasoning Mix until well blended. Pour over chicken and rice. Cover with foil. BAKE 45 min @ 375ยบ F or until chicken is cooked through and rice is tender. Let stand 5 min. Cut chicken into serving-size pieces. Stir rice before serving.
Meatloaf

1 pkg. McCormick® Meat Loaf Seasoning
Mix2 lbs. lean ground beef or turkey
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup dry bread crumbs OR 1 cup soft bread crumbs (2 slices bread)
1/2 cup tomato sauce

MIX all ingredients in large bowl until well blended.
SHAPE meat mixture into a loaf. Place in foil-lined baking pan or 9x5-inch loaf pan.
BAKE in 375° F oven 1 hour or until cooked through
I also got two dinners for the crockpot, pot roast & chicken n dumplings. Cool thing to is we will get leftovers from the dinners so lunch for me or a quick dinner. Im plan is to make this school year STRESS FREE!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mmmm! Dearest Shawna, would you copy and paste these as separate recipes in my new food group on FaceBook? Much love!

abcdecker said...

That is such a good idea! When Collin was born my mom gave me a gc to dream dinners and you do that sort of thing. I like the throw away pan idea.