Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Tooth Record

As a mother I was so excited when my son got his first loose tooth, don't ask me why but its almost as exciting as playing Santa. I watched the tooth very closely for months and even tired to get the dentist to take it out for me. In no way was I going to not keep my baby's first tooth BUT the playground had different plans. I got to school and when my little man walked up to me I realized he was missing a tooth. The teachers had no idea, he didnt tell anyone. He lost his tooth in the woodchips at school and didnt tell anyone...wahhhh I wanted to cry.....but I could tell my baby felt bad enough so we write a letter to the tooth fairy explaining the whole story. The tooth hfairy was nice enough to write him back and tell him it happens all the time and because it was such a special tooth she left him money and a toy plane. The second tooth came out when my mom was in town, so I didnt get to see that one when it came out BUT at least I had the tooth and he was able to put it under his pillow and the tooth fairy left him $2 since it was his second tooth lost. Tonight my baby lost his third tooth and do we have it to put under his pillow? NOPE he was brushing his teeth and it went down the drain. Wahhhhhh!! Looks like it will be another letter under the pillow tonight, but its all good the tooth fairy is one of my peeps.

I had to laugh though because Corey was upset that the tooth fairy wouldnt come and I had to tell him "no worries mom and the tooth fairy are BFF's and I know she will stop by". LMAO and his response was "with my $3 dollars?" I told him yes Im pretty sure she will bring $3 because this is your 3rd tooth and he says "YES now I can buy a new sword because Buddy ate my old one". How in the world did he remember that thing was $3 I have no idea. Hee hee

I am really not having a very good "tooth keeping" record, 1 out of 3 isnt a very good start. I remember my mom had to boxes one for me and one for my sister and they were filled with our baby teeth, gross and creepy I know but as a mom what wonderful memories to have. Baby clothes, pictures and teeth are really all I will have left of the "baby" stage when I look at the little man that is 5 on going 15 within days.

Oh well, all three teeth were bottom teeth so maybe I will have better luck with the top ones. Better go and make sure I have $3 in my wallet incase the good fairy is short again.

0 comments: