Saturday, August 23, 2008

He's Scared

My poor baby boy! He's so so scared to start school on Monday. I know alot of kids get this way when they start school but Corey is special, the issues with ADHD and his borderline Autism new situations, surronding, schedules, teachers, friends is more scary and overwhelming then any of us can understand. I am just doing what I can to make him feel the smallest bit comfortable for Monday but if Meet The Teachers Night is any indication for Monday its going to be a stressfull and emotional first month of school.
I know I'm not suppose to feel this way but it broke my heart to see all the other kids excited and seeing the classroom and saying hello and shaking the teachers hand. I was dragging him into the school and classroom and then had to pull him from under the table when the teacher came around. When I was talking to his teacher her attitude towards Corey's behavior kinda rubbed me the wrong way, but Im going to give her the benefit of teh doubt and chalk it up to being overwhelmed by Meet The Teacher Night. PS - If you haven't had this experience before just wait there is no way to prepare for the MADHOUSE you will step into. CRAZY I TELL YA.

Here are the few pictures we got, note I was not taking the picture my mom did and she really has no idea how to work HER camera.

Talking it out or at least trying to

Corey thinking about sitting at his desk, staring at his name tag
Mom trying to get one smile picture but it pretty much one a onesided deal

0 comments: